2013-2014 Harvard Prize Book Campaign
Short SummaryThe Harvard Prize Book Program was established by Harvard alumni in 1910 as part of an effort to attract the attention of talented young students to the opportunities at the College. Today, nearly 2,000 Prize Books, sponsored by local Harvard alumni, are awarded in schools all over the world. The Harvard Prize Book is also an important way for the Native American Alumni of Harvard University to recognize the achievements of high school students in Indian Country who have made positive contributions to their school and community.
What We Need & What You Get
To establish a Prize Book award, a NAAHU member need only contribute the cost of one book.
- The cost for supporting sponsorship of one school's Prize Book is $35.
- The more funds we raise the greater impact we will be able to have on schools throughout Indian Country.
- Last year NAAHU awarded Prize Books at 15 inaugural schools across the nation. This year we aim to expand the program to over 20 schools.
- Any funds raised will go directly to supporting the Prize Book program for the 2013-2014 academic year and to support the program in future years.
The ImpactAs was defined by the Harvard Alumni Association, the Prize Book is awarded to the outstanding student in the next-to-graduating class who 'displays excellence in scholarship and high character, combined with achievement in other fields.' The winners of this award, through their intelligence and variety of achievement, exemplify Harvard's commitment to excellence. As former dean of Harvard College Fred Jewett has said the Harvard Prize Book is "one of the highest awards a school can make to a student." Additionally, the award helps raise the profile of an Ivy League education, oftentimes prompting talented juniors to apply to prominent universities (and especially Harvard), which they might not have otherwise considered prior to receiving the Prize Book.
Other Ways You Can Help
If you are unable to contribute online or would like to contribute to the program in another way please feel free to contact us at email@example.com
- Feel free to ask others to contribute to this campaign.
- You can share more information about the Harvard Prize Book Program by directing others to our website at: https://naahu.sigs.harvard.edu/
Thank you for your support!!