NAAHU is always looking for volunteers to serve on our committees. Please look over the various committees below, find one that interests you, and contact us at email@example.com to volunteer, to get additional information, or to contact a committee leader.
- The Awards Committee plans the Annual Meeting Awards Dinner for the Native American Alumni of Harvard University awarding both the Student Leadership Award and Fire Keeper Award.
Community Service Committee
- The Community Service Committee runs the Global
Month of Service and NAAHU's summer non-profit
Nominations Committee oversees all NAAHU general and special elections
as well as recruitment of candidates to run for election to the NAAHU
Board of Directors.
Recent Graduates Committee
- The Recent Graduates Committee hosts events for recent graduates from all Harvard programs
- Host Annual Native Alumni Tailgate at The Harvard-Yale Game
- For more information please see Recent Grads under Network
- The Membership Committee manages NAAHU's membership and runs membership drives
- NAAHU publishes a bi-annual newsletter
- For more information see Newsletters under News
- Maintains Website
- Oversees all membership communication efforts
- The Program Committee is responsible for determining academic and/or career development needs of NAAHU members and organizing relevant activities.
- The goal is to provide a broad range of programs to appeal to the entire spectrum of NAAHU membership
Schools & Scholarships Committee
- The Schools & Scholarships Committee assists alumni interested in getting involved with their local undergraduate interviewing program, partners with local schools for support, and oversees the NAAHU Harvard Prize Book Program.
- Responsible for creation of a network of NAAHU members who serve as mentors to current students and recent graduates of Harvard University on academic and career opportunities.
Become a Schools & Scholarships Committee Volunteer!
Interview applicants in your local area to Harvard College, volunteer at local college fairs and college preparation programs, or present a Harvard Prize Book to an outstanding student.
The Schools and Scholarships Committee is NAAHU's largest volunteering activity. Each year, Harvard Alumni interview candidates from their area who have applied to Harvard College. NAAHU aspires to increase the level of participation of its membership in the Harvard College interviewing process. In addition, the Schools and Scholarships Committee members volunteer at college fairs throughout Indian Country and the nation, and give presentations on Harvard, as well as the college preparation and application processes more generally, at high schools across our regions. Moreover, this year NAAHU awarded the Harvard Prize Book to 15 oustanding students and rising seniors at high schools across Indian Country and America. We hope with your help we will be able to continue to expand the program to additional schools this year recognizing academic achievement and excellence.
If you are interested in volunteering, please email Kelsey Leonard '10 at firstname.lastname@example.org.